Tuesday, January 3, 2012

How To Get And Maintain a Superhero’s Energy and Immune System




Now that I’m older, I look back on the days when my schedule was the most stressed it ever was and wonder how I did it. I was never a big coffee drinker, but I kept a busy schedule throwing events in NYC while holding down a full time job that consumed more than 80% of my life. My luck had run its course over the years, but I attribute my sustained energy to a very unique balance of immune boosting supplements I used regularly. Not only did it help me maintain energy through fatigue and hardships, I believe that it maintained and strengthened my cell structure that helps me look and feel youthful even today!


8am:
Vitamin B Stress Complex (500 mg)
Alpha Lipoic Acid (100 mg)

11am:
Vitamin C (1,000 mg)

Lunch:
Ginseng (100 mg) with lunch.
Acetyl L-Carnitine (500mg)

4pm:
Astragalus (400 mg)

7pm or at dinner time:
Magnesium (800 mg) with dinner.


It’s a lot of pills to take, but when it comes to better health it’s not much to withstand.

The effect of this strategy is a long term affect and not expected to happen short term, although for some people it can. And yet the verdict is out on how much the body actually absorbs Vitamin C in particular. When I took it more often, I saw more immune defensive results especially during the cold season. As well you'll want to go for a vitamin C with bioflavanoids to get the spectrum you would find in nature.

Another thing to note is that I ate lots of mushrooms.  Back then I didn't know it but mushrooms have wonderful immune effects.

I'm not a doctor so do your research.  I am just sharing what worked for me and I understand that everyone is different.   I thought it would be worth sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment