What Would I Tell My Younger Self If I Could?


I always wondered what it would be like to go back in time and give myself some really good advice (not that the younger me would actually take it).  I suppose my best advice would not come from the avoidance of events and people, but more of a generalized assessment of the things I lacked in perception.


o Learn how to be organized. It's the secret to success.

o Learn time management. They won't teach you this in school, but you will need it for the rest of your life.
o Pick up a Forbes magazine! Madonna was right. It is a material world.

o Work hard, but never work anywhere for more than 2 years without a raise. It’s a big waste of your time.

o Appreciate what you have and the people in your life. Never underestimate the power of friendship.  You'll find out why.

o If someone can’t see your value, they are not worth being around.  What people think of you does not transfer to strangers.  If someone wants to walk out of your life, hold the door open for them.  There are billions more people in the world to meet.

o Talk to yourself.  Get in touch with your heart.

o Don’t beat yourself up when you make mistakes. There will be others to do that to you. Concentrate on learning to do things the right way instead of giving up hope entirely.

o Don't give up your dreams.  The really big ones never really die.




No comments:

Post a Comment